THE BIG FIX
With Joico Celebrity Artist, Jill Buck, of 901 Salon
Her client sat in the chair. Three inches of color grow-out…a year since the last haircut. For Joico Celebrity Artist, Jill Buck, of Nine Zero One Salon, the challenge in front of her was real: How to transform hair that’s had to sit out the pandemic; and give her client something fresh, effortless, easy to style, and low- maintenance. Jill nailed it. Here’s how…
It needs to be a big change
By lifting hair with Blonde Life Lightener and adding lush copper tones and root shadow, Jill was able to seamlessly transform grown-out roots and older warmth.
It needs to happen swiftly
Sandwiching the color service with Joico Defy Damage ProSeries 1 Bond-Protecting Color Optimizer Spray and Defy Damage ProSeries 2 Bond-Strengthening Color Treatment (to strengthen and build hair bonds, and bolster strands post-color), Jill doesn’t have to adjust her developer, and gets more effective lift. Sectioning hair strategically – like the back and tip-out done in one section, followed by the foils and tip-out ends – speeds up the color service.
It needs to be easy to style
A casual, layered bob with loose, imprecise waves is the perfect everyday look – one that Jill’s client can easily manage on her own.
Joico Defy Damage ProSeries 1 Bond-Protecting Color Optimizer Spray and Defy Damage ProSeries 2 Bond-Strengthening Color Treatment
Blonde Life Lightening Powder with 20 volume LumiShine Developer
Blonde Life Lightening Powder with 30 volume LumiShine developer
Root shadow with LumiShine Demi-Permanent Liquid 8NC and 7N with 5 Volume LumiShine developer
All-over tone with LumiShine Demi-Permanent Liquid 8NC and Clear with 5 Volume LumiShine Developer
1. Apply Joico Defy Damage ProSeries 1 Bond-Protecting Color Optimizer Spray throughout hair in short bursts.
2. Apply Joico Blonde Life Lightener with foils along the hairline and tip out the ends. Allow to process.
3. Apply the Root shadow with LumiShine Demi-Permanent Liquid 8NC and 7N with 5 Volume LumiShine developer.
4. Apply all-over tone with LumiShine Demi-Permanent liquid 8NC and Clear with 5 volume LumiShine developer.
5. Allow to process. Rinse and finish with Joico Defy Damage ProSeries 2 Bond-Strengthening Color Treatment .
View this post on Instagram