There’s nothing in the world like the beauty of healthy hair.
Its vitality, color, and shine light up a room and lift the spirit. Joico has a name for this remarkable energy.
We call it “Joi”.
Joi is at the heart of everything we do.
Our salon innovations are designed to return hair to its strongest, shiniest, healthiest state with each and every use. Our joi extends beyond product to the global salon community, which we have supported for over 40 years and will for many more years to come. “The joi of healthy hair” is our promise and our commitment.
Spreading the Joi of Healthy Hair to every stylist and client, making for a more beautiful world.
Joico's General Manager
In her time at JOICO, Gill has seen her experience take her from Director of Marketing for Piidea – Canada (the Canadian arm for Zotos & Joico brands), to Vice-President Global Marketing and New Product Development for Joico, and now finally, General Manager for the brand. Having spearheaded a ground-breaking era in new product development that focused on true innovation with meaning and unique experiences for the end-user (not to mention the “wow-factor”) Gill lead releases like Blonde Life and Defy Damage – the most successful new product launches for the brand – to date. With her unique road to leadership of the brand and her communal philosophy to guide her, Gill is focused on sustained and meaningful growth at Joico. To her, listening to customers is key to that.
Product Testing Policy
Joico is committed to providing high quality safe products. Joico Laboratories does not use animal tests to confirm the safety of Joico products. Safety of Joico products is assured by using safe raw materials and where applicable, confirming safety by testing via patch tests with human volunteers under a physician’s supervision and using non-animal alternative tests.
Zotos (Joico is a subsidiary of Zotos International, Inc.) is committed to growth and continual improvement in all aspects of the business including quality, safety, environmental impacts and sustainability. We recognize the importance of these SHEQ business aspects for our employees, community, customers, and planet.
- Our leadership team develops and implements operational plans and it is the responsibility of that team to monitor the SHEQ Management System. The Management team shall review our management system at least annually, to ensure that the system is effective, adequate and suitable.
- Our Leadership team will identify and establish all business processes centered around quality, safety, environment and sustainability.
- Establish internal SHEQ metrics and benchmarks to exceed, not merely meet, corporate, customer, legal and regulatory requirements. This is done with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Specify targets and set realistic goals that can have a beneficial impact on our local community, planet, customers, and employee safety.
- Conduct internal audits and strive for SHEQ system improvements. This will lead to an improvement of our overall process performance and reduced waste.
- Conduct internal education, motivate and encourage our employees, as well as all business partners, to follow our established policies.
- Establish environmental protection program with a clear understanding regarding the effects of our day-to- day operations on the environment and the need to reduce pollution, while harmonizing our operations with the local community and government, striving for local environmental requirements.
- Put in place the quality systems needed to meet our goal of excellent product performance, reliability, and customer service while maintaining high levels of integrity and ethics.
- The prevention of workplace injuries, illnesses, and incidents is a valued business practice. Management at all levels is responsible for providing leadership, accountability, and the resources needed to prevent workplace injuries, illnesses, and incidents; and adherence to company safety and health standards is a condition of employment for all employees.