There’s nothing in the world like the beauty of healthy hair.
Its vitality, color, and shine light up a room and lift the spirit. Joico has a name for this remarkable energy.
We call it “Joi”.
Joi is at the heart of everything we do.
Our salon innovations are designed to return hair to its strongest, shiniest, healthiest state with each and every use. Our joi extends beyond product to the global salon community, which we have supported for over 40 years and will for many more years to come. “The joi of healthy hair” is our promise and our commitment.
Spreading the Joi of Healthy Hair to every stylist and client, making for a more beautiful world.
Joico's leader Sara Jones is a 30+ year veteran in the salon industry.
She began her career as a hairdresser and soon transitioned from “doing hair” to “teaching hair” as she became an educator for a leading product company. Her strong skills and leadership capabilities advanced Sara’s career quickly, eventually holding top executive positions with several major manufacturers. Given her hairdressing background, Jones has a unique perspective on what salon professionals and their clients are looking for from a product company.
Product Testing Policy
Joico is committed to providing high quality safe products. Joico Laboratories does not use animal tests to confirm the safety of Joico products. Safety of Joico products is assured by using safe raw materials and where applicable, confirming safety by testing via patch tests with human volunteers under a physician’s supervision and using non-animal alternative tests.
Zotos (Joico is a subsidiary of Zotos International, Inc.) is committed to growth and continual improvement in all aspects of the business including quality, safety, environmental impacts and sustainability. We recognize the importance of these SHEQ business aspects for our employees, community, customers, and planet.
- Our leadership team develops and implements operational plans and it is the responsibility of that team to monitor the SHEQ Management System. The Management team shall review our management system at least annually, to ensure that the system is effective, adequate and suitable.
- Our Leadership team will identify and establish all business processes centered around quality, safety, environment and sustainability.
- Establish internal SHEQ metrics and benchmarks to exceed, not merely meet, corporate, customer, legal and regulatory requirements. This is done with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Specify targets and set realistic goals that can have a beneficial impact on our local community, planet, customers, and employee safety.
- Conduct internal audits and strive for SHEQ system improvements. This will lead to an improvement of our overall process performance and reduced waste.
- Conduct internal education, motivate and encourage our employees, as well as all business partners, to follow our established policies.
- Establish environmental protection program with a clear understanding regarding the effects of our day-to- day operations on the environment and the need to reduce pollution, while harmonizing our operations with the local community and government, striving for local environmental requirements.
- Put in place the quality systems needed to meet our goal of excellent product performance, reliability, and customer service while maintaining high levels of integrity and ethics.
- The prevention of workplace injuries, illnesses, and incidents is a valued business practice. Management at all levels is responsible for providing leadership, accountability, and the resources needed to prevent workplace injuries, illnesses, and incidents; and adherence to company safety and health standards is a condition of employment for all employees.