THE BLENDED BRONDE TECHNIQUE
With Joico Celebrity Artist, Jill Buck Of Salon 901
Say that three times fast. You’ll want to, after you see Joico Celebrity Artist, Jill Buck, of Salon Nine Zero One, demo this insanely beautiful way of blending gray, toning old highlights, and bringing new dazzle to the face. She shows you how it’s done, here:
First up, what is Bronde?
You’ve likely heard the term bandied about – and with good reason. Bronde is an absolutely universal, wear-any-season combination of brown and blonde-toned ombré shades; its claim to fame is the beautiful way these two colors are blended, resulting in a dance of light and dark.
What makes Jill’s version different?
Seeing the technique as a prime tool for gray coverage, Jill takes the blending even further: artfully tackling telltale roots with LumiShine’s Ash Ash – a line of perfectly balanced shades featuring a green undertone to counteract unwanted brass. Then she goes after old brassy highlights, toning them to cool things down; and adding new Blonde Life foils to frame and revitalize sparkle around the face area.
FORMULA & STEP-BY-STEP
Pre Treatment: Defy Damage ProSeries 1: Bond-Protecting Color Optimizer Spray
Formula 1 (Base): LumiShine YouthLock Permanent Crème Color 6NNA + LumiShine Permanent Crème Color 6AA with 20 Volume LumiShine Developer #lumishine
Formula 2 (Lowlights): LumiShine Demi-Permanent Liquid Color 8NW + 8N with 5 Volume LumiShine Developer
Formula 3 (Lightener): Blonde Life Lightening Powder with 20 Volume LumiShine Developer #blondelife
Formula 4 (Toner): LumiShine Demi-Permanent Liquid Color 8NW + 8N with 5 Volume LumiShine Developer
Post Treatment: Defy Damage ProSeries 2: Bond-Strengthening Color Treatment
• Apply Joico Defy Damage ProSeries 1 to hair in short bursts, moving down the hair. Comb through.
• Part hair into 3 sections, and apply base formula (starting in the back to prevent the color from going too dark).
• Take wide weaves to make the lowlight purposeful, and apply lowlights to hair with the lowlight formula.
• Apply a few hair line foils to keep things light and bright around the face, using Blonde Life Lightening Powder with 20 volume LumiShine Developer
• Next, apply the lowlight formula with a bottle applicator throughout the rest of the hair, to create dimension and tackle unwanted warmth.
• Process 15 minutes and rinse.
• Finish with Joico Defy Damage ProSeries 2 and rinse.
View this post on Instagram