As the last streaks of sunlight dapple through autumn leaves, let that warmth add a dazzling luminosity to hair, too, with Joico Global Brand Ambassador, Larisa Love’s new Kissed-By-The-Sun technique. Recognizable for blending a mid-light brunette shade with darker roots and brighter ends, this glossy creation — a nod to the trendsetting fall look known as “Golden Topaz” — is the perfect way to keep the glow going during cooler months.
Larisa’s describes her inspo…
“Kissed-By-The-Sun technique is inspired by being in the warm rays, and allowing natural highlights to come through. I wanted to create the illusion of the same placement you would get in nature; but make the highlights pop more and become brighter by adding negative space in between the mix.”
• Lifted with Joico blonde life powder lightner. Started with 15 volume and finished with 35 volume.
• Toner: Demi Creme 6NW
• Toner: 1oz Quick Tone Sand + 2 oz Demi Creme 8NW
- Begin by sectioning hair.
Remember: Clean sections = clean results!
Pro tip: Larisa twists each section into a coil, using a single chopstick to hold hair in place while she works. It’s a great way to elevate hair from the head so you can see your sections really well.
- Start your foils at the front, creating babylights. Take a slice and tease once to avoid a harsh line of demarcation.
- Use higher developer as you move to the regrowth. Use lower developer on the previously lightened ends.
- Create bold highlights as you go further back, generously teasing twice before foiling.
- Create diagonal back sections on the sides.
- Follow the perimeter of the hairline as you go along.
- Create babylights in the back of the neck, folding foil in a “v” formation (see video for details); this allows you to highlight closely and precisely.
- Apply Demi Créme 6NW on the rest of the strands that are outside of foils to add depth and dimmension.
- Finish off hair by toning with 1oz Quick Tone Sand + 2 oz Demi Creme 8NW
View this post on Instagram