Actress Zooey Deschanel (Photo by Jim Spellman/WireImage)
When brunette bombshell, actress Zooey Deschanel, needed coiffing for a recent big-time event, it was Hollywood stylist Anh Co Tran to the rescue—along with Joico’s brand-new Color Infuse Brown Shampoo and Conditioner. Bringing out the intensity of her deep, dark hair and adding a big dose of shine and gloss, Color Infuse instantly refreshed Zooey’s mane without the need for a color appointment. After that, it was all about artful styling and some favorite products to hold the look in place. Here’s how Anh Co Tran pulled it off…
- Bump up the color: The first step was Joico Color Infuse Brown Shampoo and Conditioner to enhance Zooey’s beautiful brunette mane and amp up the gloss factor.
- Protect and defend: After rinsing and towel-drying hair, Anh used IronClad Thermal Protectant Spray (especially on fragile ends) to shield strands from the heat of the blowdryer and curling iron.
- A smooth move: After rough-drying the hair to about 80 percent, it was time for a round brush to finish drying and smooth out the ends.
- Time for curls: With a 1 ¼” curling iron, Anh placed curls in an alternating pattern (some forward, some back, for a more natural look) from the roots of hair to the ends.
- The big tease: Back-combing the crown for height and volume, Anh then took two front pieces from the temple area and gently twisted them backwards, adding a spritz of Power Spray Fast Dry Finishing Spray for hold. Next, he brought the twists to the top of the crown area and secured them with criss-crossed bobby pins to keep in place.
- Double up on the power: One more dose of Power Spray offered extra hold with movement and natural softness.
SHOP COLOR INFUSE AND GET MORE INFORMATION HERE.