- salon pro
When Latina magazine decided to put singing sensation, Becky G, on the cover of their annual Spring Style issue, they tapped none other than our favorite Hollywood pro, Paul Norton, to ‘do her up right. And that was no small feat, given the fact that Becky was going to be gracing a portfolio worth of glorious shots before the day was done. His challenge? Transforming her textured tendrils into glam waves that would morph easily from look to look; which is where Joico’s new Curl line came into play. See exactly how Paul pulled the whole shoot off—and get his detailed how-to’s—right here….
This luxe side ‘do shows off the femininity of perfectly placed curls.
· Start by spraying damp hair with Joico Curl Correcting Milk, distributing product from roots to ends.
· Apply a palm-size dollop of Joico Curl Defining Contouring Foam Wax and work it evenly throughout the hair.
· Blow-dry fully.
· Curl 2-inch sections from root to ends using a 1 ¼-inch barrel iron, working your way from the back to the front. Pin each curl into temporary place with a clip to hold the shape. (Be sure to curl face-framing pieces away from the face.) Allow hair to cool and set for at least 15-20 minutes.
· Remove clips, and using a combing motion, drag fingers through the hair to gently separate the curls; allow them to remain somewhat intact so the look doesn’t go “beachy’ on you.
· Push all the hair to one side of the head and spritz with Joico Flip Turn Finishing Spray for hold and shine.
A little softer, a little looser… without losing the edge.
· Start by cocktailing a mix of Joico Curl Defining Contouring Foam Wax and Curl Controlling Anti-Frizz Styler in your hand, working it thoroughly throughout damp hair.
· Blow-dry fully.
· Next, create a middle part and begin curling hair with a large-barrel iron, starting in back and working your way forward. The key to keeping these waves soft? Wrapping pieces of hair around the iron, but avoiding the ends.
· Gently “bend” hair in front away from the face using a beveled flat iron.
· Now it’s time for shine: Apply a small amount of Joico K-PAK Protect & Shine Serum to hair, starting at the root and working your way to the ends using a flat, boar-bristle brush to distribute the product. Be sure to work in small sections, brushing all the way down to keep hair perfectly smooth.
· Spritz with Joico Flip Turn Finishing Spray to set the style and lock in shine.
Who needs a drastic cut when you can go faux?
· Start with the steps to create the cover look.
· Next, pull hair that’s above the ears up and out of the way, holding temporarily with a clip. Secure the bottom section into a low ponytail.
· Generously spray Joico Hair Shake into the entire pony, then use a large-tooth comb to tease hair for texture and dimension. Secure the end of the pony with another elastic.
· Now, begin rolling the pony under until you get to the base; securing it with bobby pins. (Hint: This creates a cushion for the top hair, and another base to pin that hair into.)
· Unclip top hair, taking small sections and gently laying them on the cushion, pinning each with a bobby pin. (Re-curl any sections that need a bit more definition.)
· Add another few spritzes of Hair Shake and gently scrunch the loose pieces at the front to create fullness.
· A good dose of Flip Turn Finishing Spray and you’re out the door!