- salon pro
August 21, 2013
The most beautiful natural textures are lustrous and buoyant, and the key to that ideal texture lies in locks that are well moisturized. Joico International Artistic Director Damien Carney shows you how you can give clients the bouncy, lustrous curls sported by singer Corinne Bailey Rae.
1. After shampooing with Joico Smooth Cure Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner, apply a generous amount of Joico Smooth Cure Leave-In Rescue Treatment. For more control, add a few drops of Joico K-PAK Protect & Shine Serum. Begin at the nape and apply the mixture systematically in horizontal sections, working up to the crown and around to each side. Distribute the product from scalp to ends with a large-tooth comb.
2. Return to the nape and divide the hair into 1” horizontal sections. Twist each section around your finger, allowing it to coil onto itself. Don’t force it; let the natural texture guide you.
3. Work up the head and around to each side, “setting” the small sections with your finger. Release your finger without disturbing each curl, and allow the hair to dry in place.
4. Once all strands are dry, apply a few drops of Protect & Shine Serum in the palm of your hands, emulsify and gently comb through the hair with your fingers to break up the curls. Avoid over-manipulating the hair; if necessary, re-twirl any section that needs to be re-set. Begin at the nape and work upward as before.
5. Mist with Joico K-PAK Protective Hairspray to repel frizz and flyaways.