For the fourth look in the Joico Holiday Hairstyle video tutorial series, Joico’s Glam Hair Expert Katie Bilovol gave the pony tail a swanky new twist for a tame yet fun hairstyle to wear at a holiday office party. On days when you’re rushed to get out the door to get to work, a tame high pony is an easy, go-to look, but Katie added a red-carpet flair to the ponytail that is deceptively simple and even easier than any do-it-yourself braid maneuver! Impress your colleagues even more with an added touch of a ravishing ribbon running through it!
You can watch the complete step-by-step tutorial video and download a PDF of the step-by-steps listed below here: http://www.joico.com/hair-tips/holiday-hair-how-tos/.
Step by Steps:
Prep: Wash hair with Moisture Recovery Shampoo and Conditioner to quench dry, winter hair. Blow dry hair with a large, round brush to create volume.
- Create triangle parting at top of head and separate out.
- Lift your chin up and put your head back to help brush hair up into a very high ponytail – the higher the pony, the sleeker, and trendier it looks. Spray Power Spray on the hair as you keep brushing the ponytail up to tame the flyaways. Secure the ponytail with clear elastic.
- Gently backcomb the top section to create texture. Gather this section and give the piece a twist, securing it into the ponytail with a bobby pin, continuing to wrap the end of this section around the clear elastic on the ponytail. Secure with a bobby pin.
- Split the ponytail into two sections and twist into the same direction then cross both sections in together until you reach the end. Secure the end of the hair with a hair tie.
*This is where you can add in the red ribbon, twisting the ribbon with the sections.
- Starting at the top of the twist, gently tug some of the hair all the way down to make the twist look full. Squeeze a small dime-size amount of Super Shine Glossing Polish into the palm of your hand, rubbing your palms through the twist, polishing off the hairstyle.
Styling Tips: Yes, the color is red as punch and the fabric is alluring and lacy …but we’re talking business here, so temper that temptress by keeping necklines on the up-and-up and hemlines on the down-low. With hair swept away from the face, all you need is a great, statement earring and bright-scarlet lip to put the focus front and center.