- salon pro
Face it: Pink’s just one of those colors a girl’s gotta love. And style expert, Michelle, creator of the popular website, readysetglamour, doesn’t blush at the idea of wearing this juicy shade from head to toe: “I say, “Go pink or go home!” raves the popular blogger of her favorite new hue. Think you can’t pull it off? Just wait ‘til you see how easy it is to roll with this rosy tone…
· Add some pink streaks for a subtle tweak to your style.
· Feeling bold? Up the ante and go for a full head of pink.
· Stay on trend and weave pink into your ombré ‘do. (Just make sure the tone you choose complements your complexion.)
· Pink braids are a no-brainer: And they show off the intricate details of a fishtail or waterfall better than any brunette.
· Not wanting to take the color plunge? Embellish with pinkish accessories, like headbands, bows, and clever clips.
· Keep it looking lovely: Joico’s Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo will be your best friend; it’s the best way to avoiding the frequent cleansing that can strip hair of color. When you do need to lather up, try K-PAK Color Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner, and stick with cool water to preserve your pink.
· If you’re rocking a cotton-candy mane, opt for brown liner—it’s more subtle than black (and easily do-able for daytime).
· Winged lashes? Always a good idea because they’re uber-feminine…the hallmark of a pink attitude.
· Avoid monochrome: If you’re pulling off pink hair, you’ll want to mix up the intensities of the shades on your face (otherwise, you’ll risk looking clown-like). With light-pink locks, consider a deep fuchsia lip…with a darker-headed hue, pale-pink gloss is a prime choice.
· Took the plunge with neon-pink hair? Show it off in a major way by donning an all-black outfit. The contrast will be striking!
· Or try the opposite tactic: Go with an ivory ensemble and soften your ‘do.
· Shake things up with complementary clothing colors: Wearing turquoise, peach, warm orange, or “blurple” (a hot new mix of blue and purple) is gorgeous against a backdrop of pink hair.
· Add a flash of color to your running-around garb—instead of those lowly black yoga pants, grab a pair of pink joggers, a white tee, and nude flats.