Why it's a winner: The texture is lush and shiny, the waves are crisp and polished and the center part creates a youthful effect.
- Prepare hair with Joico Smooth Cure Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Apply Joico Smooth Cure Leave-In Rescue Treatment to damp strands, followed by a golf-ball sized amount of Joico Body Luxe Volumizing Foam applied to the sections below the temple.
- Blow dry the hair with a large, round brush, rolling the hair in various directions to produce maximum volume and movement.
- Subdivide the hair into two inch square sections. Mist each section with Joico Smooth Cure Styling Protectant and curve it horizontally around a 1 ½ inch curling iron, directing the ends under. Release the iron, maintaining the curl, and pin each curled section in place.
- Work up the back, and then move to the sides in this manner. As work progresses toward the face, switch to a vertical curl and direct the hair away from the face.
- Mist the set hair with Joico Power Spray Fast-Drying Finishing Spray, cover with a fine hairnet and heat the hair with a diffuser attachment on a dryer to create a longer-lasting set.
- Allow the hair to cool and remove the pins.
- Brush gently from scalp to ends with a Mason Pearson-style brush to blend the sections.
- Mist a hairbrush with Power Spray and brush the hair, pushing strands back and forth to "set" the wave pattern. In the front, use a comb and follow the curve of the wave.
- Finish with another misting of Power Spray.