From crowns and fishtails, to waterfalls and coils, braids seem limitless and this broad range of style within a style has cemented their popularity. The braid has been around for a while but its versatility keeps them current. An easy DIY braid can be a real head-turner and your next best-look. Here are some braid how-tos that you can make your own and even help jump start your own imagination!
Joico Pop-Up Braid Event How-To Videos
Watch this how-to tutorial and learn how to create the perfect “Waterfall Braid” hairstyle for your hair.
Watch this how-to tutorial and learn how to create the perfect “Fishtail Braid” hairstyle for your hair.
Watch this how-to tutorial and learn how to create the perfect “Bow” braid/bun for your hair.
Braids are a no-brainer hairstyle for every season. Joico hairstylist Katie Bilovol shows you how to create this headband braid – perfect for any casual occasion!
>> Download the Headband Braid How-to
The latest PM ‘do du jour is this upstyle created by Joico hairstylist Katie Bilovol. Attempt this tutorial for your next rooftop soiree or cocktail event – your hair might steal the show!
>> Download the Updo Braid How-To
The classic fishtail is having a moment – give the beloved braid a fun update by adding a pop of color into the mix.
>> Download the Fishtail Braid How-To
Always wanted to attempt a braid crown updo but didn’t know how? Joico hairstylist Katie Bilovol shows off surprisingly simple steps to achieve the look! Switch up your mid-season ‘do for one that’ll keep you looking chic no matter the occasion.
>> Download the Crown Braid How-to
Sometimes a special occasion style requires something special! Diane Pickett shows how to use pearl and feather accents to embellish your creations.
Joico Educator Diana Pickett suggests applying Joico Matte Grip Texture Creme to dry hair and brushing through before braiding. This will give hair cohesion and prevent it from being too slippery so that the style will hold.
>> Download the Accented Braid How-To
Layer Cake Braid:
Learn how to create a curved and graceful multi-layered braid that looks complex.
Joico Educator Katie Bilovol secret weapon is Joico Texture Boost Dry Spray Wax. “It gives the hair ‘grip’ and cohesion which makes strands easier to work when braiding.”
>> Download the Layer Cake How-To
This contest has ended.
Thank you to everyone who entered.
Win 1 of 500 Power Spray Minis Samples: Rules, Eligibility & Guidelines
CONTEST RULES & Eligibility GUIDELINES:
- Power Spray minis (1.5oz/50ml) Sampling Giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. only
- Participants are linked from theZoeReport.com (and/or AcceZoeries, Zoe Beautiful newsletters) and should enter through the entry form above
- Entry is for a chance to win ONE of 500 free samples of NEW Power Spray™ (1.5 oz/50ml.)
- Winners are chosen randomly
- Giveaway starts on June 22, 2013 and ends July 11, 2013
- Notifications: The winners will be notified by email from firstname.lastname@example.org. It is each entrant’s responsibility to make sure to check and respond to the notifying email from “email@example.com” if they are chosen (entrants/winner may have to make certain that firstname.lastname@example.org is not blocked or labeled as junk in their email and/or saved as a trusted email). The winner may also be posted in announcements on JOICO’s Facebook page feed/wall, Twitter feed and Joico.com home page.
- Odds of winning the Giveaway depend on the total number of valid entries submitted
- Sponsor will verify the randomly chosen winner’s contact and mailing information via the above email. If the randomly chosen winner does not respond to the email in the allotted time, the selected winner forfeits the prize without notification and Sponsor reserves the right to choose another winner from the pool, at random.
- Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, delayed, illegible, incorrect or misdirected entries due to any technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this giveaway or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this giveaway.
- By entering and submitting their information ALL PARTICIPANTS are opting in to receive future emails updates from Joico
- By entering, ALL PARTICIPANTS agree to allow their name and/or likeness and/or submission to be used on Joico’s websites, and other internet and social media platforms, where applicable
- By entering ALL PARTICIPANTS agree to release Joico/ISO/Zotos, their affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the entering of the contest, awarding, receipt, possession, taxes, and/or use or misuse of any prize. By accepting a prize, winner consents to use of their submission, name, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes online and in print, or in any other media worldwide in connection with the Contest, without limitation and without additional compensation. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner