- salon pro
When Jane The Virgin star and Golden Globe winner, Gina Rodriguez, shot a recent cover for Latina magazine, Joico’s very own Paul Norton was the mane man to oversee her sexy coif. “From start to finish, this shoot was a blast,” says Paul, whose goal for the high-visibility photo was to “simply to bring out the sexy side of Gina.” (Admittedly, not a tall order—this hot-and-spicy actress literally simmers on set.) Here, how Paul made his moves in the studio…
IN HIS TOOL KIT:
* Joico K-PAK Shampoo and Conditioner
* Joico Heat Set Blow Dry Perfecting Créme
* Joico JoiWhip
* Joico IronClad Thermal Protectant Spray
* Joico Flip Turn Volumizing Finishing Spray
* Joico Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo
3) To protect hair from heat styling, IronClad was spritzed generously on each section, which Paul then curled into messy waves using a 1 ¼-inch iron. Working his way from back to front, Paul wrapped each section around the iron, leaving ends out for a more modern, “undone” look.
4) Now it was time for Gina to flip her head upside down for extreme volume and hold from down under. The magic bullet? Flip Turn, which Paul applied up, down, and sideways, thanks to its revolutionary new spray-from-any-direction nozzle.
5) In between shots, Paul played with and tweaked Gina’s waves, breaking them up for a piece-y appearance and adding texture with Instant Refresh. The sexy results spoke volumes!
Can’t get enough of Gina? Get Paul’s tips on how he styled her hair for the Grammy’s right here.
Images courtesy of Latina Magazine.