- salon pro
The cameras were madly clicking…flashes going off…paparazzi calling out, “Look over here!” It was The 2016 Emmy Awards, of course. And all eyes were focused on the glam, talented actress, Robin Wright, who was coiffed to the nines by celebrity hair master, Paul Norton, and his favorite arsenal of Joico stylers.
Steal her Hollywood hair right here…
AND THE WINNER IS…TOUSLED AND TUCKED
JOI-WHIP FIRM HOLD DESIGN FOAM
IRONCLAD THERMAL PROTECTANT SPRAY
HAIR SHAKE FINISHING TEXTURIZER SPRAY
FLIP TURN VOLUMIZING FINISHING SPRAY
· Apply a good dollop of JoiWhip to damp hair, then blow-dry with a round brush, flipping the ends up until fully dry.
· Next, lightly spritz Ironclad over the entire head, from roots to ends.
· Section off the hair from ear to ear, separating the front from the back. Begin curling one-inch sections of hair from the nape all the way to the top of the head using a ¾-inch barrel iron; make sure to direct curls away from the face.
· Take a section of hair from the back and tease it at the roots to provide an anchor for bobby pins.
· Next, gather that back hair into a ponytail and spray liberally with Hair Shake. Now, begin teasing the pony down to the roots with a boar-bristle brush or fingers.
· Begin to twist the pony until it collapses onto the scalp, forming a softly textured knot. Secure with bobby pins.
· Spray liberally with Flip Turn to hold hair in place.
· Now, concentrate on the crown hair, creating a deep side part. On the side with less hair, begin bending strands away from the face, using that same ¾-inch-barrel curling iron. Keep moving down the back of the head, leaving a few tendrils to hang freely around the face.
· Move over to the side with more hair and continue curling hair away from the face; this time, in horizontal sections from the bottom all the way up to the side part. Leave ends free for a more undone vibe.
· To “piece out” the ends, rake fingers or a large comb through the hair-heavy side. Then, spritz on more Hair Shake for definition.
· Finish with an additional application of Flip Turn to guarantee a full night of hold and shine. And lots of post-Emmy pictures.
Get another one of Paul Norton’s Emmy-winning hairstyles on Gina Rodriguez.